Thursday 11 June 2009

EDMUND DULAC POSTERS





Edmund Dulac was of course famous for his book illustrations, but he did design a few posters. The following are the ones I know about:



1. MACBETH 1911. His Majesty's Theatre. Polychromatic. 76 x 50cms. The original watercolour is 84 x 63cms.


2. THE WILLOW TREE 1917. Globe Theatre. 51x 31.5cms. Polychromatic.





3. CYRANO DE BERGERAC 1919. 76 x 51cms. Polychromatic. Garrick Theatre (image shown has Theatre Royal strip pasted over the original Garrick Theatre title).

counter

2 comments:

  1. my 95 year old man found some drawings by Edmund Dulac that look like originals, almost like newspaper drawings. Greek mythology and look like chinese. Any idea how I can find out what they are worth?

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you would like to send me some pictures to martin@booksandthings.co.uk I may have a better idea

    ReplyDelete